I'm Going Natural...Attempt #2

Hello Beauties!

Please try not to roll your eyes this time around. I have really thought about this decision and I am going through with it. I have decided to go natural! Why? Frankly, I like a challenge and I want to try something new. No,  I am not on a journey to "discover" my roots and inner beauty or any other soul searching endeavor. I am quite confident in who I am as a black and beautiful black woman and I do not have warped sense of beauty. I could wear weave tomorrow, braids next week and go bald the month after that. I would still be and feel beautiful.

My hair today is very thick, shiny and healthy. Therefore, I'm not going natural to "have healthy hair".  I have not trimmed my hair since my  
12 inch cut over a year ago and my ends are still "looking fresh."

Simply put, I would like to see my natural texture. My younger sister has done it, why can't I? The decision is not an easy one, however, I am resolved. The big challenge is what will happen at 3 months post.

According to my calendar I am exactly 4 weeks post.Will I big chop at 12 weeks? Let's see. I will provide updates as often as possible.

If you have any tips and encouragement. Please feel free to share!

Until next time... Happy growing!

2 comments:

  1. Not easy for sure, on that I can agree. Especially if you don't big chop. If you ever decide to not big chop. Putting in braid extensions once you have a few inches of growth is one stress- free way to go. Just learning how to put them in on my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. I was thinking of big box braids, but I'm still apprehensive. I do get migraines very easily. Plus I was worried about my edges. But I still might do it in a few weeks.

      Delete