Air Drying

So today I decided to take a break from rollersetting...partly because I'm lazy, partly because its hot and I was not feeling too excited about sitting under my bonnet for 45 to an hour today. So here I am nice flowy bouncy air dried hair. Yes ladies! It is possible to have frizz free air dried hair. Considering it is like the primary dogma of the hair care world I think it is essential that at the very least we all know how to have air dried hair so we can exercise our options. At most turn it into practice and incorporate it regularly into your regimen. Here are a few tid bits and tricks that have made me successful.

  • Use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner- its always best to keep the moisture in check to achieve and maintain good air dried hair I've found in my experience. This is of course with the idea in mind that the protein balance is also taken care of. However, I have to place much emphasis on moisture. 
  • Deep condition- you had to see this one coming. Most definitely do not skip on weekly deep conditioning. It should be a primary in your hair regimen anyways. It is one the main foundation to keeping well moisturized hair throughout the week.
  • Leave In Conditioner- A good leave-in is also very essential to maintaining  air dried hair.
  • ph Balance/ Medium Porosity- Many of you might like saying huh? wuh? Yes. I'm serious ladies and gents. This is something that many of us overlook or don't even know about. If our cuticles are not closed we are more likely to lose the moisture we added through deep conditioning and all other previous steps. The end result dry, frizzy hair. Maintaining good pH is essential for maintaining moisture and we have the added bonus of soft shiny hair. If you think your hair may be too porous may I recommend one of or the combination of the following : ACV rinses bi- weekly, aloe vera juice spritz, Roux Porosity control line of products, or a good ol' cold final rinse.
  • A satin scarf to lay down your edges (de-tangle and run your fingers through your hair throughout the drying process)
  • Remember to moisturize and seal at the end
 My hair is just washed and about 95% dry...it has not yet been moisturized and sealed.

Join me next time where I'll go further in depth about pH levels and hair porosity. Till next time! Happy Hair Growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment